My growing list of direct AD sales was becoming hard to manage, dealing with direct AD sales was taking more time than it should actually take. It’s not streamlined. I lost AD revenue several times because I was too lazy to mail the advertisers about the renewal of their adspace.
I always wanted to automate the AD sales process, but I was busy with something or the other. Now that I got some free time to explore new stuff, I decided to take up this project.
Goals of the project
- Maintain a list of advertisers and the AD space they bought.
- Automatically send reminders to advertisers about renewals.
- If they fail to renew, notify me, so that I can take down the AD.
- A web interface where I can add details about the newly bought ads to the DB and make changes to previously bought ADS.
- *Update the DB automatically when a payment is made through PayPal.
- *Setup a AD server, which will let me control AD’s on all the sites without from a single location.
I’m going to implement this project using cakePHP, I hope cakePHP is the right choice.